Sunday, August 17, 2014

Quilting finish

 Recently I made a new version of my pattern, Which Way is Up? It is a  bit larger and doesn't have a border. I wanted to see it made out of batiks...everything is better in batiks, right? Especially when you have a large collection!
 I used the Drift panto by Keryn Emmerson.
 I like to take a picture of the back, though in this case it's hard to see the design. I am going to use this colorful fabric for the binding as well, since it has most of the colors in the quilt.

I finished the quilting yesterday, then worked at prepping and piecing the backing for the new design so it's ready to go on the machine.  I also worked on my models for my demo at Cut Up and Quilt on Aug. 30. I have a small quilt ready to sew together, as well as the demo pieces that I will use to show quilters how the ruler works.
Today I'm heading to my hometown, Earling, for my niece's bridal shower. I made her something, which I'll show you tomorrow...I don't want her to peek! 

2 comments:

Terri said...

I don't know if batiks are better, but they do make a lovely quilt. I like the backing, too.
Very pretty.
Hugs

Heather's Haven said...

all i can say is WOW that is an awesome quilt. You are very talented.

Heather