Monday, November 10, 2014

A little fun....

 Saturday I spent the day on a shop hop with friends. We headed to Ames for our first stop at the Quilting Connection. It is a huge store with thousands of bolts of fabric. Cindy checking out the fried egg fabric.

A batik heaven! I found a few I couldn't resist here.

Our next stop was Quilter's Cupboard in Ankeny...love this shop with all its nooks and crannies. We got caught up in a bag frenzy here, as they had lots of cute ones made up.



 Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures after that, but we did go to three shops in Des Moines and one in Adel on our way home. It was a fun day and we enjoyed the inspiration of fabric and friends!

I collected some new batiks on our travels.


 I am starting a new sampler design and worked on it all day yesterday. Isn't this a pretty stack?
 One person's mess is one quilter's progress, right?

3 comments:

Gene Black said...


That looks like a very fun trip. Some days I make a huge progress (aka mess!) haha

Mickey said...

Looks like everyone had a great time and that is what it is all about.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Shop hops with friends can't be beat.