Thursday, March 5, 2015

Is it really all in a name?

 I was excited to finish the quilting on Buttons and Beads last night after work. I don't do much quilting on the midarm at night, but I really need to get it finished. Sometimes as I reach this part of the process, I wonder if I captured the spirit of the design as I envisioned it. I second guess my decisions and think of things I could've done...would it be better? I don't know if this is normal or not, but at this point I have to move on, finish it and worry about it later.

I have been agonizing over the name for this quilt too, nothing seems quite right. Even as I write this, I'm wondering if it should be Buttons and Beads, or Buttons and Baubles. I have to decide!
I love the way the bright colors play off the teal background and chose this multicolored batik backing that picks up most of the colors. I'm thinking of using it as the binding as well.
I knew I was running low on my favorite blendy thread, so ordered another one the other day, but luckily I made it to the end without running out. At first glance, this thread might not seem like the best choice for a teal background, but with so many colors in the quilt, I think it works. It blends without taking over.

 Now to bind and label!

I decided on the name Beads, Buttons and Baubles...what do you think?

2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That name works. I cleaned my machine today, after finishing the backing last night. When I pulled the bobbin out, there was only 2 inches of thread left. Talk about close. We all second guess ourselves. Just relax, and enjoy the process.

Maggi said...

Yes, the name is better. I think that thread goes very well with the teal