Monday, March 23, 2015

Scrapilicous weekend sewing

Summer Fling
What do you do with your leftover fabrics from projects? I love scrappy projects anyway and sometimes it's just fun to cut them up and start string piecing. I started this one a couple of weeks ago and made some real progress over the weekend. I started by sewing lots of strings/strips together. I also sorted out some larger pieces to make solid blocks for balance. I was afraid the hexie pattern would be lost if I used only string pieced blocks. I took a few pictures as I worked...

I found this silly tree fabric while shopping and thought it would be perfect for the backing. For me, this fabric is an optical illusion...when I first saw it I thought it was just random blue striped shapes as there was so much green. Then I realized it was trees. hmmmmm....what do you see?

I had used this pink polka dot fabric as the backing on a Peas in a Pod quilt a few years ago, and I think it will be perfect for the binding.
I worked on quilting it  yesterday and plan to finish it sometime this week.
I'm meeting with a Sampler Club tonight...they are starting new quilts. That's always fun and exciting to see what fabrics they have chosen. I"ll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Maggi said...

Really bright and cheerful. There are times when I wished I had scraps - but it doesn't last long!!