Thursday, April 2, 2015

Spring Break!

I haven't had any classes this week, so I've been playing catch up both here and at work. Still lots to be done, but I'm on Spring Break for a few days, so that will help!

Summer Fling stringieced quilt
 I took the Summer Fling stringpieced quilt to Cut Up and Quilt on Monday so they could hang it on display for the class in May. I had so much fun making this quilt out of lots of bits and pieces from past quilts. It's almost like taking a walk down memory lane as you remember the project you originally bought the fabric for. I even used a few pieces I didn't like as much, as they add contrast and interest.

I had a nice chat with Becky while we hung the quilt...it's always fun to go in and see what's new and what they have been working on.
I worked on paperwork Tuesday night (not very interesting, but needed) and spent last night watching Dovekeepers. What a great miniseries!

I have more paperwork to catch up on this morning, and need to start going through quilts and planning for a presentation/trunk show I'm doing next week. I've been planning it in my head for several weeks. It's hard to know how many quilts to take, so that's the first order of business. Then decide the order they need to be in. Lots to do so I'd better go! Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice quilt. Have fun at your lecture/trunk show.

QuiltShopGal said...

Happy Spring Break. Lovely projects.
Double darn as I forgot about the Dove Keepers. ERR.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Maggi said...

Enjoy your break. The quilt is sure to attract interest for your class, although I suspect it's already full!