Friday, May 22, 2015

Where has this week gone?

Marta
It's been a busy week spent doing lots of different things. I worked on the new Sampler 21 quilt over the weekend. It really is fun to get out that new stack of fabrics and dig in. This sampler isn't as sampler-y (yes, that's an official quilting term!) looking as some, so it will be interesting to see how people like it. I love it so far. But then I would, right?
Diane
 Tuesday night I did a trunk show for a ladies group that is interested in quilting. It was fun to meet some new people and share my love of fabric and quilting.
Laural
 Wednesday night I met with the Sunbonnet Sue Sampler Club and I was very impressed with what they had accomplished since last time. We had talked about the sashings and what they could do to start adding them to their quilts. You can see that some got farther than others, but they are all progressing nicely. This was the month to make Sue, but only one quilter wanted to make her, so I had an alternative block for the others to make, the Sawtooth Star. You can see it in Laural's quilt above (center, bottom row). For three of the four quilters, this is their second quilt. I'm so proud of them!
Avis
Last night I worked on some necessary paperwork for a class I'll be teaching soon. Not very interesting, but time consuming anyway. I hope to spend some time over the weekend working on the new sampler and gardening, if the weather cooperates! 

2 comments:

Karen said...

It's always fun to start a new project. Looking forward to seeing your new sampler quilt.

Maggi said...

Your sampler quilts are always exciting.