Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Back to the Past with selvages


Scrappy selvage hexies for my Summer Fling quilt.
I recently came across Val's Quilting Studio while browsing quilty places and discovered she has a Tuesday Vintage linky party every week...isn't that a great idea? There is a different theme each week and the theme this week is selvages, so head on over and link to a past selvage project you have made.Or just head over and take a look at what others have done for inspiration. I've used selvages in a few scrappy string pieced projects, but my first selvage project is still my favorite...this Selvage Bag .

Summer Fling
It's been a busy week so far and I have actually been getting some sewing done. Also a Sampler Club every night so far. I am teaching the second session of Kid's Camp: Sassy Skirt today, with a Sampler Club tonight. Then I will have a few days off to work on some new projects for fall classes. I made a cute bag yesterday, but forgot to take pictures, so I will do that soon and share.

3 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Your selvedge bag is cute. I plan on 'cheating' one day, and making me a purse with my 'cheater' selvedge fabric. I just have to find the time to quilt it first.

Maggi said...

Love your selvedge bag and the hexies.

Dody said...

Hexies are my favorite. I also love to make bags and purses. I'm really liking your selvage bag. Very nice!