Friday, July 31, 2015

Red, White and True progress and other pretties


Pat F
 I had Sampler Clubs Monday and Tuesday nights, and got to see the progress on a few of the local  Red, White and True quilts.Aren't they gorgeous?

Karen
Karen has been posting about hers on her blog, Hazel Dell Quilts. It's even prettier in person.
Gretchen
Gretchen chose more muted reds and blues which gives it an antique look. I can't wait to see more! The final sewing directions will be posted on Monday, along with an really big giveaway...you won't want to miss it.

Rachel S and Jo M. downloaded  pictures of their Red, White and True quilts to the Flickr page...stop over and take a look!

Susan at Hanging by a Needle and Thread changed the layout a bit and it's so cute! Variations make life interesting.

 I finished quilting my daughter's duvet turned quilt Monday, so I took it with me to the store on Tuesday so that I could square the edges on their large table. I hadn't really squared it before I quilted it, as it was pretty straight after cutting it apart. She thought she wanted a neutral binding, but I had this blue striped fabric from my mom's stash (circa 1994) that I liked with it and my daughter agreed.
 I got the binding sewed on one side, still need to finish it.

 It really is pretty, I can see why she wants to keep using it as a quilt.
 Dianne brought her Highlights Sampler 20 to show off. She has one more border to add and the top will be finished.

 Betty brought the Lone Star quilt she started in class last spring. She had our friend, Cindy, do some custom quilting on it and it is gorgeous!
 Laura has the center block finished on her Simply Posies Sampler 21. It's always so much fun to see everyone's progress on my class projects.



I loaded the black/gray Circle and Spin quilt yesterday and quilted one pass. I'm using a black/gray variegated thread and the Leafage panto. I had plans to cut out a new design, but I started tweaking it and ended up on the computer most of the day fiddling with it and another design. So I never did get any cutting done, except for mowing the grass. Maybe today I will get it figured out...


2 comments:

Susan said...

The borders on Gretchen's quilt look great! I can't wait to see the rest of them all finished!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I haven't worked on my three RW&T's. Quilts of Valor is Tuesday, so, I'll get some blocks stitched together then.