Monday, July 13, 2015

Red, White and True Quilt Along Sewing #3



Now the fun really starts, as we will be making some blocks today!

"Throw/Twin amounts will be listed with the Twin in parenthesis like this: Throw (Twin)

Take out:
   All Color One Red and Color Two Blue 4.5" squares
   8 (16) Color One Red Stripsets
   8 (16) Color Two Blue Stripsets
   4 (8) Quarter Square Triangles
 
Assemble 2 (4) Color Two Blue Axel blocks as shown.



 Press the three rows towards the Color Two 4.5" squares and the QST (in the center row).


Press the block rows towards the outer edges of the block.



Assemble 2 (4) Color One Red Axel blocks as shown.
Press the three rows towards the stripsets.
Press the block rows towards the center row.

   

Are they looking so pretty? I want to see, so post about your Sewing Step #3 and comment below and I will come visit. OR share the pictures on my Flickr Red, White and True Quilt Along Group. It's ever so easy!

You can also print out the free Red, White and True Quilt Along Sewing #3 PDF pattern on my Craftsy page.
Baby quilt blue
Here are my blocks for the baby quilt. Hopefully it's true that babies like bright colors! 

Baby quilt orange
Tonight is the first class for the Simply Posies Sampler Group One, so I'm excited to see what fabrics they have chosen to make this quilt.
Simply Posies Sampler 21

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I guess it's time to get started on the next step. I finally finished all my cutting and trimming (all 3 sets).