Monday, March 30, 2020

One pattern, 3 finishes

I've been trying to finish quilts that I made but never completely finished. Sometimes when making quilts for classes it was easier to hang them without being quilted, plus I didn't always have time to get it done, so they waiting their turn to be finished.
This quilt is a variation of the Lotus Quilt by Jaybird Quilts. I originally made it out of reds, golds, and black and really liked it, but as I worked on it I could see that there could be flowers there instead of the more triangular design of the original. So I dug out some fabrics and tried it. I really liked it, but it was never finished as I'm sure I got busy on the next project and put it away.
Can you see the flowers?


I haven't been machine quilting very much the past year as I had some problems with my machine. I took it in to have it repaired and it seems to be working better now. I loaded the Lotus variation a few months ago and quilted it and recently bound it.


Finishing this one reminded me that I made another one using the Lotus pattern when my great-nephew Owen was born using bright graphic fabrics. I never did ask his mom if it kept him away at night...

The brown blur in that picture is his 2 yr. old brother running around him.


3 comments:

Deb said...

Wow! I can't believe those are the same patterns! I love the flower design!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I used to have a lot of quilt tops that were class samples too. I'm glad you got your machine up and running.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Babies love bright colors. Nice to hear from you again.