Friday, August 22, 2008

It's Friday, It's Friday....

and boy am I glad!!! Seems like a long week, getting back to work at school and teaching classes too. I also had a tea party to go to, and help make food for Thursday night. I had made the mini quiches, and frozen them and they turned out great!!!! Everyone loved them. We had many good finger sandwiches also: chicken salad on biscuits, ham salad roll-ups & cucumber & tomato sandwiches. Of course no self respecting tea party would be complete without many yummy desserts. We had fancy cookies, mini cheesecakes, lemon bars, fudgey rice bars, little pastries with chocolate pudding and whipped cream and pastries with strawberries and whipped cream. The table was so pretty. Unfortunately I forgot my camera, but some of the others brought theirs, so hopefully they will email me pictures I can post here. It was a great party and the best part was chatting with friends I don't get to see too often.

I have a UFO day at the store tomorrow, which is just a class for them to bring their unfinished projects and work on them, and get help if they need it. It is always fun. Not sure how many are coming, had a big turnout a few weeks ago, so we'll see. I am taking the oriental pieces to work on in case only a couple come and there is not much for me to do. Maybe I can get them basted to the back and batting.

No comments: