Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Quilting and family...

I had every intention of spending the whole day quilting. This was my first project. I was pinning it to the machine when my mom called. They were wondering if I wanted to shop a bit and get lunch. They live about an hour away, so I don't see them too often. So of course I said yes. So I finished pinning it on and quilted the first 2 rows. It is a fun rose & vine pattern.
Then I went to meet them, shopped, ate, chatted, took a walk...it was great to see them. One of my daughters came too.
Then I came home and worked on it some more. I am to the other end!
Yea!! I am taking it off!
Smokey is admiring it! She enjoys quilting too.
Here is a close-up. I used a variegated thread because I didn't want the quilting to take over, and it really blends in with those busy fabrics. You can see the rose if you look at the red. I am really happy to get it finished. It is a friend's quilt. She made it during one of my classes. Hope everyone had a good day and got some quilting done.

4 comments:

Vicki H. said...

The quilt is very dramatic. I did get alot accomplished this weekend.

randi said...

What a lovely quilt! And a fabulous machine!

Julianne said...

It sounds like you had a great day, and got a lot accomplished.
such a lovely quilt. Your friend will love it I am sure.

Purple and Paisley said...

is your long arm a gammill? statler stitcher? or do you free hand? my mom has a gammill statler stitcher and we have a little quilting business...there are pics somewhere on my blog of her machine and set-up in her basement...love your red, black and white quilt! =)