Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Quilty Day, Continued....

I started working on this bag this morning before we went shopping. It is a simple bag, with a lining, but seriously took less than 2 hours. And that was while I was figuring out how to make it as I went along. I like it...I wanted it large enough to carry groceries, but not be too heavy. I put pockets on front and back to carry things like foil and other smaller purchases. THEN we went shopping!


We ended up going to Seams To Be Quilt Shoppe in Plattsmouth, NE. It is a nice quilt shop with a lot of variety and only about 1/2 hour away. I got some pretty batiks for a project I want to do soon. It is a curved piecing project. I have some fabrics here that I will use too, so need to put these with them to see how much more I need. After we got back we walked on the bike trail and over the pedestrian bridge. It was the perfect day to walk, it must be about 70 here today....one of those perfect fall days....probably won't be many of those left.

4 comments:

Eileen said...

What a beautiful bag! I love this fabric.. and it looks like just the perfect style for shopping.

Quilter Kathy said...

Hi Jean! Thanks for visiting my blog...had to come over and see what you are working on...great bag! I have only made one bag and it was hard for me.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

And your weather is coming our way tomorrow. It is nice to have a little reprieve before the cold blast.

tah4480 said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like your bag pattern.Looks like the right size for grocery shopping.