Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fun weekend and new quilts!

I hope every one had a great Mother's Day. My nephew is graduating this year, and his party was Sat. night. He lives in my hometown, so I stayed overnight and celebrated Mother's Day with my mom, daughter,  and other family members. It was a great weekend!

The beginners have one more class and their quilts will be finished. Last Thursday night we layered and tied. This week they will learn how to make and sew on their binding.
 The More Peas in a Pod quilts turned out so cute and I think they learned a bit about color from each other as well!
 Saturday was a great day to learn how make your hexagons spin. After a rocky start, the hexagons just seemed to take off.
 The chose such pretty colors.
 Dianne has a flower in the center of her hexagon.
I think this is so much fun I might have to try it again this summer. You can make this as big or small as you want for tabletoppers and wallhangings, or make several and sew them together for a quilt. I really love to try new things, don't you?

4 comments:

Vivian said...

The joy in your students' faces is such fun to see. Their projects are wonderful! They have a good teacher :)

JustCindy said...

The hexagon spins are so pretty. Great fabric choices by everyone.

Barb said...

I too love to try new things...the projects were awesome!

Angie Kritenbrink said...

I love the top one! Love the colors!