Saturday, July 2, 2011
St. Marks quilt top finished...if only I had someone here to hold it up for me!
I tried several ways to lay out this quilt so that I could get a picture of the whole quilt, but couldn't without moving all my furniture around, so took a picture of it folded in half the long way, so you could get an idea of how that pieced border looks. The pattern in the book doesn't have a border.
When I was cutting the diamonds, I had strips left over that were anywhere from 1 1/2" to 3". So one night when I didn't feel like doing anything that took matching, I sewed them together. They aren't straight cuts, they aren't the same width, but I didn't really care. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them, then got the idea to sandwich a section in between the dark blue border.
I got a piece of fabric for the back the other day, so it goes on the list of quilts with backs.
Have a great holiday weekend!