Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Jaunty J and a block swap

 Since J is my first initial, I am doing it a different color, one that will POP with the rest. This mottled batik has orange, gold and reds.
I really like the light floral, but not sure it will show up well.
 I really like this floral, but decided against it for now.
 I love stripes, but the swirls are nice too.
 Here is the pink.....hmmmm, which one, which one?
 I ended up making one out of the striped fabric...
 and a topless J out of this mottled batik. Now, which one should I use? There are 2 other people doing blues as well, so I am curious to see what they use for their POP color.
I spent a good part of yesterday working on these Double Windmill blocks for a swap I'm doing. I got some more partially finished. We are using brights, any solid or prints can be used. Today I am getting together with friends for our Tuesday Sew-in so will work on them then. I might take a binding project along too. Really need to get another one done.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Your J's are jubilant!!

Deb

Susanne (flicKwerk) said...

Both of your J's will make a great POP. The oranges go wonderful with your blues. Won't you give the swirls a try?

Darling Millie said...

Jubilant, jaunty! You know I love the striped one, but you never know how it's going to look with all the others, so even if you decide which one you like now, it might not be quite such a good choice by the time you finish all the letters. So you're right to decide later.

Awesome job!
Lynne
(Millie is the cat)