Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tumbling Blocks class & another Flop-easy Pillow finish!

 Tumbling Blocks class went well yesterday. Everyone learned how to sew their strips together, and then cut them to make this unique block the easy way.
 Once they knew what they were doing, most decided to do the sewing in class, and cutting at home.
 Everyone had from 7 or more sets of colors, so these will be some gloriously colorful quilts.
 I don't know how, but I didn't get pictures of the other 2 ladies' blocks. I am excited to see the range of colors they use and how they decide to arrange them.
After I got home, I played around with my leftover blocks from my project. I don't have enough of each color left to make these hexagon flowers, but it would sure be a cute idea! I want to make a small quilt with my left over blocks so that I have another visual of the row piecing for next week's class.

I did a makeup class yesterday too. Maria couldn't come when the others came to finish her Flop-easy Pillow, so she came yesterday and finished it. She made this robot pillow for her son...now she said she has to make one for her daughter. I'm guessing that she won't be able to rest until it's finished too! 

1 comment:

Barb said...

Those tumbler are just awesome!