Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bindings and kitties

 I finished the bindings on 2 more quilts over the weekend. The Matthew quilt is bound,washed and ready for it's owner to be born...she is due in about 3 weeks. I used the light blue that I used in the checkerboard for the binding. I love how they crinkle up after washing.
 The Diamond Rehash is bound and washed as well. I'm not sure where it will go yet, maybe over my chair. Even though this was made with the leftovers from another quilt, it has its own beauty. Sometimes those are the best!
 I went to Seams to Be Quilt Shoppe in Plattsmouth on Sunday. I found these 3 fabrics that I think will work with the others in the Hollow Cube quilt.
 I was laying out fabrics so that I could take a picture and Conrad jumped right in to help. He must love yellow or something!
 I did find some good yellows! They are hard to find sometimes.

What is it about cats and fabric?  He finally ran off to attack play with Smokey.
I am teaching one of the monthly Sampler Clubs tonight...it's a great bunch of ladies!

3 comments:

Kerstin said...

The Baby Quilt is so great. I love the border fabric.
Nice Fabric you got there and your Cat thinks the same. Nala my dog thinks everytime I layout a Quilt its for her. lol.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I almost always like the 'leftovers' quilt better than the first one.

Betsy said...

Great use of fabrics Jean. Looks great!