Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A quilted finish and some unsewing!

 I finished quilting the Potato Chip quilt yesterday. I was cruising right along, when my machine stopped! The belt had broken. So I had to run to a sewing machine shop and hope that they had what I needed. They did, so I came back home and easily attached it. I resumed quilting and realized something was wrong...my thread had broken. I'm not sure what had happened, but I had problems on the back of what I had quilted.
So I ended up un-sewing about 20 miles of thread. Thank goodness that I hadn't made it all the way across! I finally got it all taken out and finished the quilting.  I used white thread, and you can't really see the quilting on this picture that well, but I always like to take a picture of the back too. I plan on putting on the binding today.

1 comment:

JustCindy said...

The quilt turned out great. I do not like ripping out. Hope you won't have to do that again any time soon.