I decided on the teal for the narrow border around the funky stars, mainly because I liked it the best with the piano key border. I thought there needed to be a definite divider. Thanks for all of your help in deciding. I got the back ready and made the binding, so now to get it on the machine and quilt it. I usually like to quilt in the morning, especially in the summer. But with my husband's schedule now, he is sleeping, so I have to wait. I could load it and I might when I get back...have an errand to run first.
I started these potholders last Dec. I was making them for Christmas gifts. I had them all sewn together, with right sides together, when I realized that I had pinned them all wrong. The insulbrite and batting were on the outside when I turned them, not the inside. Note to self: Sew one and turn right side out and check before you sew the rest. So I just put them away, as I was pretty disgusted with it. Didn't want to take the time to unsew all the seams. I got them out yesterday and just cut the old seams off and redid them the right way. They are a little smaller than I originally wanted them, but they will work just fine. So now I guess I'm ready early for Christmas giving!