Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Potato Chip quilt finished!

 I got the Potato Chip quilt bound yesterday so it is officially finished!
I then put this teal border on the Windmill quilt. I hung this on the design wall, but I should've had friends hold it up too, as it is not up there very straight. I think it's finished. I made the binding out of an orangey-peachy colored fabric yesterday, so it'll be ready when I get it quilted. Since the blocks were made by friends, I will keep this one, so I don't want it to get too big as I will probably use as a throw. Even so, I keep thinking of adding another border. Maybe I am just so used to borders, that it looks unfinished without one. It's about 57" x 70.5" now. I think I will try to get people to sign one of their blocks. Or make a label with siggys. What do you think?

I also worked on the traditional Cathedral Windows blocks a bit yesterday. No pix yet.

Today's plan includes starting the quilting on the  Funky Rock Stars  quilt that I loaded on Monday. I should make some good progress on it since it is a throw. Are you sewing today?

3 comments:

Karen said...

Love the Potato Chip quilt! Feels so good to get them to the finish line, doesn't it?

Barb said...

YEA!!! on the finish...looks great!

JustCindy said...

No matter how many finishes you have they always feel great. Love the Potato Chip quilt. The Windmill quilt is a nice size now for a throw.