Monday, September 24, 2012

Cathedral Windows

 One of the things I love about teaching classes is watching the students fabric choices come to life. Saturday's Modern Cathedral Windows Pillow class was no exception. We had quite a variety of ideas and color combos. Dianne's looked like stained glass!
 Charlotte chose soft calicos, so hers had an antique feel to them.
 So pretty!
 Kay and her mom Lisa worked together to learn this technique...they made a good team and really enjoyed the class. This one is Kay's, Lisa has plans to make hers to match her living room.
 Karen had a happy mistake (she forgot a window) and might use it in the center of her pillow.
 She used the same fabric behind, which shows up in the melons, as she used for the windows. I love this take on it!
 Using the black and white to frame her deeply hued windows will make this a stand out pillow! Lyn was already talking about her next project!
Evelyn had some cute fussy cut squares for some of her windows. I love the variety of colors she chose to shine through them.

Karen brought some traditional blocks with her that she purchased at a thrift store. I forgot to take pictures of all of them, but I do have one that she gifted me which I will photograph later and share tomorrow. We were all fascinated with the size and variety of fabrics that were used.

They seemed to enjoy my demo on making them the traditional way too, though we all agreed we preferred the more modern approach since it is much more time friendly. 

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

Those are all beautiful!