Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A good quilty start....came to a screeching halt.

 I loaded my daughter's quilt top this morning. I decided on teal variegated thread for this quilt and am using the panto I have been using for the last few quilts. I really like it.

 I  wound a bunch of bobbins and after about 4 passes, the thread messed up and broke. In rechecking the threading when I was ready to start quilting again, I noticed that the spring on the upper tension unit was broken off. No quilting happening now!
 I called APQS in Carroll IA to see if they had the part and could send it to me...they did and it's on its way, so that's good. But no quilting until it gets here and then we find out whether I can put it in or not. They are sending me directions on how to install it. Yikes! Will keep you posted on how that goes.
 Awhile back I made a tray to ride on the rails while I pin. It works pretty well. It's just a plastic tub lid and some hooks on the back to keep it from sliding off.

 I worked on the the letter quilt yesterday and have the letters made into words and partial rows now. I hope to finish it today at Tuesday Sewing.


Needled Mom said...

Bummer. I hope it arrives soon and that you can install it properly. I love the color of thread.

Kerstin said...

I love the look of this quilt. Im so sorry you have problems with the machine. I hope you get it fixed in no time .

Chris H said...

I hope you got the part and worked out how to put it on.