Saturday, October 19, 2013

Beginners building a quilt!

 The Four Patch Petunia class learned how to make and square up half square triangles Thursday night. They caught on very quickly!
 They each got 2 finished, then we played with 2 of the sets to show some other settings that can be done with this block. The idea is to make 2 in class and then make 2 for homework if they want 16 blocks to make a throw. I will teach some finishing classes for this group as well.
The bookfair went well, and my parent helpers helped me pack it up yesterday before they left. Now it's just a matter of filling out the paperwork. People can also order online for another week, so I might get a few more sales that way. I purchased lots of books for the library from the fair since there are always a lot of current books the kids love. 

 I"m headed today to sew with my retreat buddies...we are having a sewing day to plan the next retreat! Should be fun...I want to work on a quilt for my great nephew...he will be making his appearance on
11-12-13 so I don't have much time! I hope you are having a quilty Saturday!

No comments: