Thursday, October 17, 2013

Busy bookfair and class week!

It's been a busy week, with the Scholastic Bookfair and 3 night classes....I would like to join Smokey today and enjoy some fabric fun! She knows all the best places to hang out!

The bookfair is going well, I've had good parent/grandparent helpers and the kids are enthusiastic. I restocked all the popular books that sold out the first day and night yesterday, so I am ready for more shopping! I like to get lots of the current paperbacks (barbie, lego, ninja turtles...) for the younger kids from the fair, so I'm going to try to do some shopping for the library today. It's been pretty hectic, since I have been keeping the library open for most of the day, closing it to open the bookfair for about 1 1/2 hours each day. Tomorrow is the last day and then I'll pack it up and send it back.

I'm teaching the 3rd session of the Four Patch Petunia beginning piecing class tonight. They are a fun group of students and that class always flies by!

I'm looking forward to a retreat planning/sewing day on Saturday with my retreat buddies...can't wait!

1 comment:

Judy D in WA said...

Just seeing the Scholastic Bookfair makes me smile. My kiddos loved bookfair and book orders. Now I enjoy my grand-kiddos with their bookfair and book order books. Such a wonderful program, hope it never ends. :)
Enjoy retreat planning...I'm headed out to mine this morning. :)