Saturday, October 5, 2013

Beginning Piecing begins...

 Thursday night I started a new group of quilters on their journey to stitching heaven. This beginning piecing class introduces rotary cutting, half square triangles, 1/4" seams as well as many other skills needed to learn to piece quilt blocks.
 They will work on four different four patch blocks, learning a few things along the way. The first block is the Bowtie block...fun and easy to make. They seemed to enjoy themselves and were eager to come back next week.
 Saturday is finally here and I am off to Des Moines to see all the quilty goodness of the AQS show in Des Moines, and I'm especially excited to see my quilt there. More on that when I get back! Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Vivian said...

Your quilt looked fresh and unique and impressive among all the modern quilt challenge entries. I was happy to be able to tell my friends that I "know Jean," though it's only through our blogging. I took a photo of it, though it should have been a photo of me standing beside your quilt, showing you I was there.
How proud you must be to have been an entrant, and I'm glad I got to see your quilt.