Wednesday, October 30, 2013

StarLuna is finished!

I finished the quilting and binding on my StarLuna Sampler and it's ready to rehang at the store tonight. Quilting really brings a quilt to life, so I'm glad I brought it home and finished it. I will start this Sampler Club on Monday, Nov. 11.
I wasn't sure if the stripe would be too much on the binding, since I had used it as a border, but I really like it.
I know a lot of people worry about using stripes in quilts, but using them on borders and bindings is pretty much worry free.
I'm happy with the way the threads blend with the fabric and don't take away from the quilt itself. Or at least I hope it doesn't.
This floral made a perfect backing for this quilt and the striped binding looks great with it too.
I have a class with the beginners tonight to get their quilt tops ready to finish next week. I'm excited to see what they have accomplished since last week. At some point, I need to do a little prep work for my It's All in a Name class before Saturday, too....tomorrow's another day, right?

6 comments:

Karen said...

Love all the fun fabrics!

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Very nice! Love the sunshine it brings with it's bright colors!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Stripes add a little zing to a quilt. This is a really neat sampler quilt.

Kerstin said...

it looks great and I like the stripe fabric in the boarder and the binding.

Julianne said...

Love it

Chris H said...

What can I say? It's stunning. I love the happy bright colours. And the borders are utterly gorgeous, that floral fabric is to die for. And the stripe bindings? Genius.
And the back of the quilt is just as georgous.
Well done.