Here is Rock Candy 2, the larger version, as I began to quilt it. I used hte meander pattern on this one too, as I just wanted nice, overall quilting.
I took the picture below when I was about half way....it worried me throughout that it would come out uneven. I kept pinning the sides as I went to hold them into place, but when its stretched across the machine it could become distorted. I thought about basting it to the batting first and then loading it, but I wasn't sure if that would quilt well once I got it on the frame, so I didn't do it.
It turned out well, except for some slight bowing on two of the sides, which wasn't that noticeable to the eye, but once I started trimming it with a ruler I could see it. I attached the binding last night and plan to block it tonight. Wish me luck!