Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A challenge

My small quilting group met Monday night. You might remember that we started a challenge at our last meeting. We all brought scraps of a certain size and variety and I threw in the green on top for everyone to use. Above is my pile of fabrics after we swapped.

It was fun to see what the others had done with their fabrics...Cindy is making these fun blocks. This will be a great scrappy quilt.
Debbie's quilt looks like she picked out the fabric especially for it. We could add some  of our own fabrics to the mix if we wanted to. She had to tear out one block ( lower left corner) and is considering fitting the pinwheel block in the space instead.

Rose forgot her blocks when she went to work that day and lives about 30 min. away so didn't have time to go home and get them. This just gives her a chance to make more! She said she is making scrappy nine patches. I can't wait to see them.
Below are my challenge fabrics...yep...looks pretty much the same, don't they? They haven't morphed into a quilt yet...but hopefully soon!

2 comments:

Chris H said...

What a fun project.

Kerstin said...

I love scrappy and what a great challenge