Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A little of Sue and a little of that...




Last night's Sunbonnet Sue Sampler Club learned how to do fusible applique by making Sunbonnet Sue. I think they had been looking forward to making her as they had asked different times when we would do it. There is something whimsical and traditional about Sue, and there are lots of patterns to make her. We lined them up together to get their picture taken. They are all unique and pretty, but Judy took care to line her hat up on one of the birds on her border fabric. Next month they make their last block! They have been sewing their sashings on to each block as they go, so it won't take much to sew it together.

Last Saturday some friends and I took a road trip to MO. to visit the Missouri Star Quilt Co. We had a blast there, saw and bought lots of fabrics from their three retail outlets. On the way back we stopped at Crossroads Quilting in Cameron Mo. It is a beautiful shop as well, with lots of reproduction fabrics as well as batiks. I managed to find some luscious batiks in both places.
Yes, it was a happy group! We
I worked on getting this quilt quilted on Sunday....I love how the quilting is turning out and will have a special post about this quilt soon.
Pretty fabrics from the Flower Girl line by Margo  Languedoc.
I used the Leafage panto on this quilt...it is one of my favorites because of the way it overlaps and covers well all over the quilt. Plus it's just pretty.
I'm meeting with the Sampler Pick group tonight, plus some of the quilters from the Beginning Quilting class are coming to make up the class they missed last week. Should be fun and busy!

2 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

You had a great time and I love the quilting pattern. I am on hold for buying fabric at the moment.

Barb said...

Can never go wrong with Sue!