Thursday, August 7, 2014

I'm back!

This was what I saw a week ago when I met my daughter to start our long journey to Baltimore. She drove the moving truck and I drove her car. The dogs mostly rode with her, with doggy seatbelts, though one of them did ride with me in a kennel for a few hours. They were sort of worried when not with her, though.

We stayed in a dog friendly motel the first night out and they were excited. I ended up falling and bruising my ribs so had some soreness and discomfort for the rest of the trip, but it is getting better now.
After 2 days and 1140 miles of driving we arrived at her new apt. This perfectly expresses how we all felt!
We stayed her that night and movers came and helped unload the next morning. We spent most of Friday unpacking and getting a few groceries....so the place started to feel like home.

We vistited the Farmer's Market on Sunday. What a place! lots of produce, crafts and cooked food. It was fun. Most of the pillars (it was under the interstate) are painted with scenes. Very pretty!





This guy was really good at playing this saxaphone!
We did lots of site-seeing throughout the weekend, more pictures tomorrow. 

3 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

You have had a journey, how did you hurt yourself? No fun driving and working. East coast is a different world. They are nice people though.

Maggi said...

Glad that you ribs are improving and the move went well. Bet you were all exhausted after all that.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Hope your ribs are better. No fun falling down. It hurts!