Monday, September 29, 2014

Wedding fun!

 My niece Amber got married on Saturday...what a fun day! I've seen many pix of the bride and groom, but this is one of my favorites! I got up there in time to help lace them all into their dresses. They were so beautiful.

 The wedding took place in my hometown of Earling IA. They are in the process of tearing down the elementary school where I went to school. They consolidated the parochial elementaries many years ago and haven't used it as a school for a long time. The decision was made to take it down as they didn't have a use for it and it's too expensive to keep up.

 Back to the wedding! Here was the cutest part of the wedding ceremony....my two great nephews pulling a baby flower girl down the aisle in a wagon. She was seat belted in and fell asleep waiting to go down the aisle.
 They needed a little help keeping it straight, but they made it!
 At one point, this sweet little guy stopped the wagon and reached over and patted the baby on the head. It was so cute!
 She woke up when they got up front and was happy to see her daddy!
 The bride and groom opened their gifts yesterday and sent me these pix with my wedding gift to them. I think they like it!
My nephew Josh got married on Memorial weekend....and I didn't have their quilt finished. As you know, it's been finished for awhile now and I took it along to the wedding to give it to them. They loved it! I am so happy for both of these couples that they have these wonderful people to spend their lives with!


3 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Super gifts and I love happy moments.

SewCalGal said...

Very special life events. Happy to hear you were able to join the celebrations. Cute little girl and boys with the cart is a quack up. And your quilts are beautiful and now have loving new homes for years and years of quilty hugs.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Terri said...

Beautiful quilts, Jean. Love the family pics. Sorry about your school. I love schools for business buildings... small businesses in each classroom. I wonder if anybody thought to buy it. I hate to see old buildings torn down.
Hugs