Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A new project....

Is it too close to the holidays to start a new project? Not when you have a deadline to get it finished! I had cut these five sets of three shades  last week, so have been itching to sew them together and see how they will work for my new project, Honeycomb, Too, from the book ABC 3-D Tumbling Blocks and More. Since I spent a good share of the weekend cleaning, I figured that I could sew without feeling guilty.
Easy strip sets, mindless sewing. I had to cut one set before I quit for the night so I could see how it looked. I hope to get some more cutting done soon and get all of the colors on the design wall.
My sister, Nancy, and her husband arrive tomorrow night for a short visit before they go to stay at our parent's house...she'll be here for about 3 weeks so we will have many family gatherings and a sewing day while she is here. One of these years, she is going to actually finish her quilt! You can see the post of last year's sewing day here

2 comments:

Maggi said...

I'm sure that you'll get there and that first block looks great.

Kris said...

I love the 3-d effect and can't wait to see all the colors. You should do a few more blocks to be sure...before Christmas! heehee