Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Binding finish...

I made a pieced binding for the Honeycomb quilt using the lightest prints and short pieces of the lighter grays in between. I hoped it might bring out some of the lightness of the quilt.I got it sewn on to the quilt yesterday so it's finished. I want to make the label for it before I take it to the shop to hang.  I also sewed sets of strips together for a working model for this class and I am anxious to see how they look cut and on the design wall. Patience....

I got the Chevron quilt and backing ready to load yesterday, too, so that's first on the agenda today. It's very cold and windy outside today so I'm happy to stay inside and sew!

7 comments:

barbara woods said...

I love that quilt, May have to make it this year

Mara said...

I love the scrappy colored bingings, the whole quilt is really awesome!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Great quilt! Happy New Year!

Farmgal said...

I really like your bindings! This one helps your eyes travel around the quilt. This a beautiful quilt! Wish I was around to take this class. Happy New Year and I can't wait to see what designs you come up with in 2015!

barbara woods said...

wish we were closer , i would love to learn how to do that

Maggi said...

Beautiful idea for the binding, it works so well.

Greta said...

Wow, I am going to have to learn how to make this kind of optical illusion quilt, now that I have a diamond lozenge die! It's really amazing!