Saturday, July 18, 2015

We all need a little quilty therapy, don't we?

Our LQS, Cut Up and Quilt, has a monthly "therapy" session for their customers to show off new gadgets, fabrics and patterns. They do two sessions (afternoon and evening) on the third Thursday every month.  It's fun to go and see what's new, plus they have a show and tell portion. I took these Runaround Bags that I've been working on to show off. I love this little bag and think it will be perfect for quilt shows and shopping trips when you don't want to lug around the bag you carry your life in (normally called a purse).


 I'm making one for my daughter to use when she takes her dogs out to carry her phone, doggie treats and doggie bags. The cross body handle makes it easy to carry and keep your hands free.
I will be teaching a class on this bag at Cut Up and Quilt in Sept. so wanted to show it off. 

There were lots of fun projects shown for show and tell. It's always fun when the show and tell projects were made from classes I taught or my patterns. Pris M. brought her Red, White and True Quilt Along blocks so I could see them. She is using some of her mom's fabrics that she has been saving for just the right quilt. 
Pris M.

 Lorraine brought her finished Honeycomb Waffle beauty. I don't often get to see them finished, so I always enjoy it. Several of us commented on her floral borders and she said they just seemed to fit...we always know, don't we?
Lorraine
Darlene brought her finished Cottage quilt. I hosted a Cottage Block Swap a few years ago. We swapped in small groups and by season. So everyone ended up with cottage blocks for each season made by their friends. I then hosted a class to make trees and other stuff to add to them. Here is a post about my finished cottage quilt. I meant to catch her afterwards for a better picture, but I didn't. Seeing her quilt made me want to host another swap, so I'm adding that to the summer To-Do list! Not sure what it will be at this point, but I will keep you posted.
Darlene
 If you want to keep up with Cut Up and Quilt and see more of the goodies brought to CUAQ Therapy, check them out on Facebook.

4 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

I love your energy and the bags are adorable.

Karen said...

Hope to take your bag class. That is a perfect size.

Maggi said...

Love the idea of quilt therapy sessions. Then bags are great too.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These bags are so cute! I was thinking I need a dog walking purse when I saw the first image and I now see that is exactly wha tyou are using them for too!