Awhile back, my daughter asked me if I could take their duvet cover and make it into a quilt.They weren't using it as a duvet anymore, but really liked it so wanted to be able to use it again. After much talking about how it was put together and what shape it was in (all over the phone and online as she lives in Seattle) I told her I thought I could. She sent it to me earlier this summer. After looking it over, trying to figure out the best way to take it apart and keep it square, I ended up cutting it apart on the seam lines. I decided not to square it up before it was quilted because it was pretty square already and I figured I would have to resquare it after it was quilted anyway as the corners were slightly rounded.I used my favorite panto, Leafage by Keryn Emmerson since there is so much off white and an 80/20 batting. The quilting went well as it was like quilting two sheets together...no seams to add bulk.
I had planned to use an off-white binding, but found this vintage stripe I had gotten from my mom from her stash that looked really well with it. Angie liked it too, so that is what I used.
|quilt colors are bad in this photo.|
I really like how it turned out and love the quilt itself. It was an easy process, so if you have a duvet that needs to be transformed, find a quilting friend and go for it!