Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunset in Iowa & sisters

My sister from Canada has been here since Friday night. We went shopping all day yesterday and went out to eat last night with my daughters, nephew and his girlfriend. It was fun and we got some major visiting done. I took them up to Earling (my hometown) today. My sister from Missouri was there and sent this plate of goodies with me. My sisters & mom are all really good cooks. Since I haven't gotten any baking done, these are much appreciated. There are some peanut butter cookies, fudge, pumpkin bread, caramelly bars(forget the name) and scotcheroos. I didn't stay too long as it was 2:30 by the time we got there and I didn't want to drive home too late by myself with the weather so frigid. The high today was about -1....brrrrrr...the sunset was beautiful. I took a pic on my phone, but it didn't turn out very well. So I will post the goodies instead.

3 comments:

Stephanie D said...

So, did the whole plate make it home? lol All you needed was a thermos of coffee and you would have been set if you'd gotten stranded in the snow and ice!

Willeke de la Chambre said...

That looks yummie!!!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

You have a sister in Canada?!?
I live in Southern Ontario...where
is she? She must not be from around here...the snow is preventing most flights from leaving.
Have a great time together!