Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Another day, another daughter

I worked on more receiving blankets last night, and didn't take pix again. They are for another teacher at school whose wife is expecting soon. I took them today as I have an all day training tomorrow on the new library software outside the building, so won't be attending the shower tomorrow.

Today is my oldest daughter's birthday...Here she is when she was about 3. I always tease her that today is MY anniversary...the anniversary of the day I became a mother. She is in Seattle, so I won't see her, but she will be coming the end of the month to the celebration of my folk's 60th anniversary. We will have our whole family together for the first time in many years as the ones who live far away don't usually end up visiting at the same time. 

I want to quilt a little more tonight on the quilt I started the other day.

5 comments:

Butterfly Kissez said...

You know I have always wondered why we don't give gifts to our mothers on our birthdays considering what they go through to birth us!

Unknown said...

What a great photo and a terrific sentiment. It really is your anniversary too right? Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Betsy said...

Jean happy anniversary on being a mom.

Jan said...

Happy Birthday to your Daughter Jean and how nice that you all have such a wonderful reunion on the horizon!

Rachel said...

lol... another day another daughter....