Friday, January 4, 2013

Busy week off!

 I went to my folks' house on Tuesday for New Year's dinner. It was great, Nancy insists on making everything. She has a special recipe that she uses to bake the halibut and it is wonderful. My sister Sharon made lots of candies for the holiday season, so we had some of those and some of Mom and Nancy's decorated cookies for dessert. It was a great day and fun to spend time with family.

I finished the borders on Wendy's quilt on Monday, so took it up to show off...and got some tall guys to hold it up for me. Now to find a backing and get it quilted.

Sharon has her quilt top finished, and it is beautiful! If you enlarge, you can see the small pinwheels on the bottom row of the quilt. Her grandson was running around while we were taking the pix!


Here is a closeup of the borders on Wendy's quilt that I took at my house, so the coloring looks a bit different, but is pretty true. I love the wavy pattern of this blue/green batik and she loves it too!



I spent Wednesday sewing with friends at the store....my last time before going back to work on Monday. That was fun, lots of laughs and I got some flying geese blocks made. Yesterday two of my sisters and my mom came down shopping, so I spent the day with them. It was fun. It was mom's first shopping trip in a long time and she found lots of goodies.Since it was my sister Debs's birthday, she chose Cheesecake Factory for our lunch destination. It was delicious!
 I had to snap these pics the other day....I guess HyVee makes good nap sacks!
Not sure what is on the agenda today, probably a little sewing, maybe a little cleaning, and dinner with friends tonight. I can't believe my time off is almost over, and I will be back to work on Monday.

No comments: