Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Kaleidoscope Fun, Stack n Whack style!

Yesterday I got to help quilters take ordinary prints and and turn them into beautiful kaleidoscopes.
I realized when I went to post the pictures that I should've taken pictures of all of the fabrics before cutting, so you could see the transformation, but if you click on the pictures you will be able to see what the fabrics look like. You might be surprised when you look closely and see what is making the design in some of them.

 The cutting is finished and the playing begins!



 Faces, really?
Deer?
Cows? where?
 Most of them made the Flying Kites block, but two wanted to make the LeMoyne Star version...they are gorgeous too!



 Star Trek, Spock and more fun!
 We had a lot of fun and the beauty of this class is I see these people often so I will be able to see the progress!

Plus I can finish my models and have a gorgeous quilt.
























4 comments:

Karen said...

Love those blocks! You're right, I need to try this.

Maggi said...

Really great results.

Scrapatches said...

Someday I have to make one of these quilts ... :) Pat

Chris H said...

Oh hell! I wish I hadn't seen this post cos now I really, really want to try doing that!
Must get on YouTube to find out how to now! Have a lovely day Jean, and thank you for your kind comment about my Dresden Plate Quilt!