Saturday, April 24, 2021

Critters

 


I am a fan of Sew Fresh Quilts (Dog Gone Cute) and her cute animals, so when I saw she had this elephant pattern, I had to get it. I have a loose plan for how I want to put them in a quilt, so I made a few last week. Since I'm going to do my own layout with them, I decided I needed a few birds too. 
Are they adorable or what? 

Some are facing right, some left. The birds are sitting on a branch with leaves as shown below. I haven't sewn the block together with the branch yet since the branch might have to be longer or shorter depending on how I place them. 

I cut out some squares of both greens to make a few flying geese and half square triangles too. Grass...maybe...


1 comment:

Karen said...

This quilt is going to be so adorable! And the a new baby will look so charming on it.