Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's almost Friday, does that count?


You might remember me talking about the quilt and bag I made my great nephew after he went fabric shopping with us.I posted a pic of the quilt. This is the bag I made out of the leftover fabric. I saw him Sunday, so gave it to him. He loved it! The quilt rolled up fits in the bag with room left for pjs. The checkerboard is pockets around the bottom.

Here is the new model for the Beginning Quilting class that I do at the store. The Kitty 9 patch is softer colorwise than the last few BQ models I have done, but I love the kitties. Hopefully others will as well and it will attract them to the class. I am not going to finish it now, just the top as they are easier to hang this way.


Went fabric shopping with my friend tonight. Had a good time picking out fabric for her next quilt. She found a gorgeous large leafy print in pinks, purples and reds....very nice. Luckily I have plenty here to work with so resisted buying any new this time. Whew!!!! yes it's a miracle!


1 comment:

Heather said...

What a perfect gift for a little boy! I'm sure he did love it. I'll have to keep that in mind for future gift-giving. Christmas is coming!! lol I really like your color choices for the kitty 9-patch, too.

It's always so fun to stop by and see what you've been up to, Jean. I'm amazed at how much you get done! ;o)