Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tuesday Sewing and The Gorgeous Letter G


 The usual group got together and sewed yesterday. Seems like everyone is getting lots of UFOs finished. While we were there, I got a couple of them to hold up my St Marks quilt to get a good pic of it. I got the back sewn together for this quilt, as well as the asian Circle and Spin. 


I also worked on sewing together my strips of diamonds. It is just very scrappy, so no pattern. I just hated to waste all those diamonds. I still have a few left. Here they are, hung crookedly on the design wall.


 Jane had gotten a lot finished since we met last. This is her Twisterweave Mystery Quilt. She made the twin size. See her kitties?
 She put a piano key border on her Circle and Spin.
 Hope this quilt doesn't walk away!
 Betty brought her Sampler #9. She quilted it herself. She was working on quilting her Twisterweave mystery quilt yesterday, and she was almost finished with the binding. She promised to bring it back next week so I can take a pic of it finished.
 Laura worked on more of her Sampler #13 blocks. She is still caught up.
 Eileen finished her Twisterweave Mystery quilt yesterday. So pretty!
 Dianne finished her Sampler #12.
Diana worked on setting her Sampler #11 blocks with setting triangles.
 Ahhhh, the Glorious, Gratifying, Gorgeous Letter G!!! ain't it purty?
7 down, 19 to go....

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

the St. Mark's quilt is wonderful!! I really like the border you added. Your diamond leftovers are going to make a striking quilt too.

Diana Symanowicz said...

I'm so glad we held up your quilt. It looks wonderful. I love seeing the patterns on everyone's mystery quilt. Wonderful wonderful. I put the purple/fushia border all the way around the Point the Way today. I love these UFO days.

Susanne (flicKwerk) said...

Love your scrappy diamonds quilt. And the G is perfect, wonderful fabric.

Millie said...

The St Marks quilt -- be still my heart -- that's gorgeous. Great G!