Tuesday, November 8, 2011

More on the round robin and a few letters...

You might remember when I paper pieced my block for the medallion round robin.  Then the first go round, I added a border to Jo's block
 This time I got Cindy's Christmas Star block. Jo had added the cool ribbon border, but when I got it,  I was stumped.  I tried a border on 2 sides, with appliqued holly and berries, but it looked terrible, so I took it off.
 I really thought it needed a border of some kind at this point, but wasn't sure what to do. We had decided not to send fabric with the block, so everyone could be more creative. I knew I wanted to bring out the dark green, but had a hard time coming up with just the right one.
 This is what I came up with. I hope she likes it.  I know that usually people don't see them until they are finished, but  we decided to show and tell each time we exchanged and it was fun! I'm taking my camera next time.  ( Rose had put a piano key border on mine! Can't wait to see it now.)
I started a new letter project Sunday night...this is it so far. I wanted to try making lower case letters this time. I have lots of fun florals so decided on a black background.  This project will be a phrase, not the whole alphabet. 
Saturday's Christmas runner class went well. Dianne got her top finished...the rest of the ladies promised me they would bring them back for a pic when finished.

2 comments:

Julianne said...

I think that border is perfect.

Barb said...

More letters, love them!!!