Wednesday, August 14, 2013

One last block and on to the finish line

I finished the last block for the new sampler design on Monday and got most of the quilt assembled yesterday. I just need to finish the last border.

I need to finish the two free pieced letter signs I made recently. I want to mount Conrad on a canvas, and quilt the Cut UP mini quilt. I have to make my own canvas frame for Conrad. They have the pieces at Hobby Lobby, but they were out of one of the sizes I need the last time I was there. I need to find out if they got it in.

Not sure what I will back the Cut UP mini with, so I need to go digging through my fabric to see if I have something that will work.

My daughter is coming over after work to steady the ladder so I can scrape and prime the front porch peak, so I'm going to finish priming the rest of what I scraped before she comes. I was going to go out this morning and do it, but then I decided why get all dirty and paint speckled twice in one day? Might as well wait until later. I think it is going to be another beautiful day. We are having some un-August like weather in the low 80s again this week. Love it, but my tomatoes don't. I might have to install grow lights out there just to get a few tomatoes by the time it freezes. 

2 comments:

Vivian said...

That's a pretty block, the last one for your sampler. You have plans, plans, plans. Good luck getting it all done as quickly as you'd like. Take it easy on that ladder!

Karen said...

Good luck on your painting. And hope your tomatoes start to set.

Looking forward to seeing your finished sampler.