Thursday, April 1, 2021

Spinning Stars

Night Sky Sampler 28

A couple of years ago, I designed the Night Sky Sampler 28 quilt to teach techniques to other quilters in my classes. I used a combination of blocks including one I designed, Spinning Star. Since that star turned out to be a favorite of mine, I wanted to try a design using only it and some small star-colored squares.  I wanted the stars and faux stars to be scattered across the quilt which is sometimes harder to do than making rows of blocks. So I spent a lot of time playing with them once I had them constructed.

I made a large star out of like fabrics for the backing and added some half square triangles and borders to make it the correct size. Conrad was busy helping me that day.
 
A friend, Michael, quilted it for me with an all over star pattern. 
Truer color on this pic.
     
I like how it turned out...on both sides!


The coloring on the picture above is truer to the color of the quilt. 

Night Sky Sampler 28...You can see the spinning star blocks across the lower half of the quilt.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Both sides of that one are pretty. I bet whoever gets it will think the back is the front.

Karen said...

Spinning Stars is really lovely! I like that you made the quilt to be used either way.