Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ta Da!!

I finished quilting the Lone Star today. It is hard for me to get a good pic of such a big quilt, so I hung it from the doorway. I should've moved the table, though. I had a hard time getting the whole thing in a picture.
You can see the border fabric better in this one. I want to bind in red.
Quality control officer Miss Smokey is checking it out!
The back. I like this panto, it is Climber, by Meredith England.

I actually quilted all day. I have been working on a design for a fall runner, and finished it last night, so put it on the machine and quilted it after the Lone Star. I will post more about it later. I don't usually quilt class models as there is always a time constraint, but wanted to quilt the Lone Star as I didn't want it hanging on display without quilting. I was afraid it would start to sag because of all the bias seams. I knew the runner wouldn't take too long to quilt, so just did it too.

24 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are right it probably would have sagged and then it would have been a nightmare to quilt. I love the striped fabric as the first border.

Pat said...

It is absolutely stunning, Jean!!! Great job on piecing it AND quilting it.

blushing rose said...

Exquisite creation!! The colors & designs are beyond description. TY for sharing.

Have a great week ... TTFN ~ Marydon

Angie Kritenbrink said...

I like it with the border and everything!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing it is wonderful love it, what is your favourite thread and batting when you quilt?

cheers
Christine

Darling Millie said...

It's beautiful! Great job!

Betsy said...

Stunning Jean. You should enter it in a contest or start putting a book together,. I can't wait to see the fall runner you made. You know its my favorite color scheme.

Susan said...

Your fabric choices really make the quilt! It's just gorgeous, Jean!

Judi said...

Jean you did a wonderful job on the quilt and the quilting is great as usual. Thanks for sharing.

Barb said...

Yea!!! You are done....awesome work. I love the border color, it just makes it pop!!

Angie in SoCal said...

Fabulous! Congrats!!

Vivian said...

Be as proud of yourself as you can be. I love the colors and the quilting as well. It's a stunning creation, Jean.

Maggi said...

Fantastic.

Jan said...

It's one of those quilts that takes your breath away Jean! I love it :)

Chris said...

I love it. Those center colors really give a punch!

Julianne said...

Looks like Smokey approves...Lovely quilt and quiting.

Holly said...

It is beautiful. great job.

AverettLadyNana said...

Beautiful!!! Just Breath Taking!!!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love it! Your fabric choices are fantastic!! Congrat's on getting it done so fast! :-)

Carole said...

This is GREAT!!
I am so happy to see the picture of it finished.
Now I am really inspired to do a Lone Star quilt.
Keep up your good work and I will watch for the table runner.

julieQ said...

It is official...gorgeous!

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous...wow! Great job!

Willeke de la Chambre said...

Oh boy! It's gorgeous Jean!!!
(I have been too busy to check all my favorite websites.) so i'm a bit late with my comment.

The jacket is made from a sweatshirt, like you have guessed!
Bye,

Angie Kritenbrink said...

You're really going to miss that quilt after you send it to my place.