Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Quilter!

 My sister Nancy has been talking about learning to quilt for a long time. When she goes to quilt shops with me, she always finds fabrics for ME to buy. She loves looking at fabric! While I was visiting her last summer in BC, she picked out some fabric and a pattern for her first quilt. She said I could teach her to quilt while she was here for the holidays. So we got together Saturday and got her started. She got all her blocks cut out and one block completely sewn.
 Some of the blocks will be blue and some will be purple. She has a pansy border that has both colors and is gorgeous.
The light blue is the sashing fabric. All of the four corners were supposed to be the same fabric as the sashing to give the block a rounded look,  but we thought green on 2 corners would look like leaves on the flowers (yea, we think they sort of look like flowers...especially once she gets that pansy border on!)

I think this is going to be a good beginner quilt for her, not too difficult, but an interesting pattern. I should've taken a pic of the picture in the book so you could see what it will look like, but I forgot. Now I just hope she keeps working on it when she gets home again!

4 comments:

Toni said...

How fun! Congrats to another quilter in our fold!! She is off to a great start!!

Micki said...

Congrats! I love the block that she made! Tell her that she did a great job!
Micki

Micki said...

Congrats! I love the block that she made! Tell her that she did a great job!
Micki

Amy said...

YAY! another quilter in the making!please share her finished project,it looks like it will be very nice.Amy