Sunday, December 20, 2015

Classes and holidays...

 I had two sampler clubs meet last week. The newest one, Simply Posies met on Monday night...Laura's quilt is almost finished. She is adding one large border yet. She didn't end up using the last pieced border on the quilt, so I have a feeling it will end up somewhere...maybe on the back? The border she is adding is a wide asian print that coordinates with the Posies black fabric in the center.
 Karen is working on her first pieced border...she hasn't had much time to quilt lately. Several people had to miss that night, plus the camera fairy forgot to take pictures of the others that were there. Bad fairy.
My Simply Posies Sampler 21 quilt

Larkspur Sampler 22
 I've been working on my new sampler design, Larkspur, so I showed them a preview...it's getting finished in the next few days I hope.  It's in rows in this picture. I designed most of the blocks in this quilt as well as the layout, so I'm really excited about it.

Marta
 I also met with the My Little Pretties Sampler Club on Wednesday. They are making great progress! They worked on the Grandmother's Quilt block. Marta finished hers, it's the upper right block. The others were close to finished. I love how these quilts are turning out. We went over the directions for the alternate block, so I expect to see some almost finished layouts when next we meet for their last class on this quilt next month.
Billie Jo
 I spent some time shopping with my sister, Nancy and her husband, Dale yesterday. They are here for a holiday visit from Canada. They are heading up to my hometown later today to stay with my folks, so I will see them again on Christmas. We are also planning our annual sewing day for next Sunday. Lots of family time coming up and no work for 2 weeks.
Sheryl

No comments: