Thursday, May 19, 2016

We almost have quilts! and other class news...

 I'm teaching this session of Beginning Quilting, More Peas in a Pod as a monthly class. It's really different teaching it this way, as I'm used to a more hectic 6 weeks in a row set of classes. I really like keeping them going and coming out at the end of the 6 weeks with a quilt. This group seems to be doing fine like this, however and we almost have quilts! It was fun to see that first border go on to enhance the quilt center.
 They are different and so pretty! Bev was ill, so we didn't get to see her quilt top. Hopefully she is working on it....next time!

Their homework: finish that last border! Next time we meet they will be piecing their backing fabrics, layering and tying their quilts.
 Last night I met with one of the sampler clubs making the Modern Cathedral Window Pillow. Melinda was ready to put the envelope back on when she got there.
 Sheryl made a tablerunner for her kitchen table. She layered it and tacked it with her sewing machine to hold the layers together. She wants to finish with a red binding.
 Billie Jo was busy working on her blocks. Four more to go! Marta was out of town so we'll have to wait to see hers next time. They will be starting a new small project next month to work on for the next 3 months. They are choosing their own project out of several I've designed, so might all be working on something different.

If you are interested in joining them and working on a runner, pillow or other small project, let me know and we can talk over some options.

I haven't gotten much done on the #Laugh Love Quilt project this week, but hope to finish it this weekend. I do have some of the blocks finished, but I'm not sure how much I'm going to share until it's finished. 

No comments: